• Emergency services vehicles
• Buses with a total weight of at least 14 tonnes
• Diplomatic corps registered vehicles
• Foreign-registered vehicles
• Military vehicles
• Cars with parking permit for disabled persons, after application to the Swedish National Tax Board
. This exemption is not valid if the car is used for professional purposes.
Are there reductions for certain vehicles (eg cleaner / smaller vehicles)?
Reductions for multi trips or residents etc?
Certain cleaner fuelled vehicles registered between January 1, 2009 and August 1, 2012 have exemptions, see exemptions.
No reduction for residents, but the maximum charge per day and vehicle is SEK 60.
• In Stockholm the Lidingö rule applies. This means that no congestion tax is paid for vehicles which pass two separate payment stations within 30 minutes where one of them is one of the payment stations on Gasverksvägen, Lidingövägen or Norra Hamnvägen.
• In Gothenburg a single charge rule applies. Under this rule, a vehicle that passes several payment stations within 60 minutes is only taxed once. The amount that must be paid is the highest one.