Vehicles over 5 tonnes are only allowed during specified time intervals on specified streets in Riga.
The regulation has been in operation since 2008 and was updated in December 2009 based on Riga City Executive Order No. 379-a.
Freight vehicles over 5 tonnes.
Weight regulation for vehicles over 5 tonnes.
red: No access for vehicles over 5 tonnes between 07:00 - 10:00 and 16:00 - 19:00 on weekdays
blue: No access for vehicles over 5 tonnes between 16:00 - 19:00 on weekdays
yellow: Pemanent ban for vehicles over 5 tonnes.
green: No restrictions
green with “no entry for freight vehicles” signs: No restrictions on these roads, but vehicles over 5 tonnes can’t enter the crossing roads on the signed junctions.
Yes, are affected.
Permanent ban - Vansu Bridge
Ban on weekdays between 07:00 - 10:00 and between 16:00 - 19:00 on
- Akmeņu ielas between Mūkusalas ielas to Jelgavas ielai
- Daugavgrīvas ielas between Raņķa dambja to Lidoņu ielai
- Jelgavas ielas between Akmeņu ielas to Vienības gatvei
- Mūkusalas ielas between Kārļa Ulmaņa gatves to Akmeņu ielai
- Raņķa dambī
- Valguma ielas between Akmeņu ielas to Uzvaras bulvāri
- Vienības gatves between Jelgavas ielas to Kārļa Ulmaņa gatvei
- Akmens bridge
Ban on weekdays between 16:00 - 19:00 on
- 11.novembra krastmalā
- Eksporta ielas between Muitas ielas to Rīga passanger port
- Krasta ielas between Salu bridge to 13. janvāra ielai
- Uzvaras bulvāra between Akmens bridge to Valguma ielai
- Akmens bridge in both direction
These restrictions do not apply to
- emergency vehicles
- vehicles with flashing yellow or orange light
- communal service vehicles
Kravas transporta aizliegumu