The ZTL of Napoli consists of 6 parts:
During certain times no vehicles are allowed to enter the ZTLs.
Electric vehicles (registered in Napoli and its province) can park in the parking spots marked blue for free. A sticker, costing 10€, is required. Download the form necessary here.
Centro Antico and Tarsia Pignasecca Dante ZTL all vehicles except mopeds, motorcycles, other ZTLs all vehicles
ZTL Chiaia covers:
- via Dei Mille dall'intersezione di via Nisco alla confluenza di via Filangieri
ZTL Marechiaro covers:
- Via Marechiaro between Via Coroglio and Via Alfano
Has signs similar to this, a banned vehicle sign with the requirements below:
Yes, it is necessary to get registered. You can call this phone number 800 904 936 Monday to Friday 09:30 - 13:00 and 14:30 - 16:00. For a permit you have go to the office of the municipality with all the documentation. You can find all informations at this link:
Permits for access to the ZTL Centro Antico
Yes, are affected.
ZTL Tarsia Pignasecca every day 09:00 - 18:00
ZTL Centro Antico
- Via del Sole (after the entrance of the Hospital), active Monday to Thursday from 09:00 - 22:00 and Friday, Saturday, Sunday, public holidays and pre-festivities from 09:00 - 02:00 the following day.
- Via Miroballo, active every day from 09:00 - 17:00
- via Duomo (Filangieri Museum Square),active daily from 09:00 - 17:00
- via Santa Sofia (height via Oronzio Costa) active every day from 09:00 - 17:00
ZTL Belledonne, Martiri, Poerio every day 19:00 - 07:00
ZTL Morelli, Filangieri, Mille from 8 December to 6 January from 10:00 - 14:00 and 16:00 - 20:00
ZTL di Chiaia Saturday from 10:00 - 13:30 and 16:00 - 22:00
ZTL Marechiaro in August from 08:00 - 14:00 (Via Marechiaro and Via Coroglio); from 07:00 - 14:00 (Via Marechiaro and Via Alfano); in September 08:30 - 13:00 (Via Marechiaro and Via Coroglio): 08:00 - 19:00 (Via Marechiaro and Via Alfano).
There is currently no Italian national scheme, but regional as well as individual city schemes.
National exemptions for all ZTL.
Categories stated by law, public transport , vehicles for disabled people with registered disabled persons badge.
resident’s vehicles, private park owner, public utilities, vehicles of shops or company inside ZTL, delivery goods, driving people with illness
Temporary permits for particular needs.
Loading and unloading is allowed in Borgo Marinari and Mille from 10:00 - 12:00 for 30 minutes. In the rest of the ZTL from 08:00 - 10:00 and 14:00 to 16:00.
Zona a Traffico Limitato (ZTL) or Limitazioni della circolazione, the general name for all access regulation schemes, also used for Low Emission Zones.