There are three parts to the LEZs in Lombardia. Permanent LEZs, Winter LEZs and air quality emergency traffic restrictions
since 15 October 2011, for all of Lombardia:
- 2-stroke motorcycles and mopeds Euro 1
- Public diesel buses (M3) Euro 3
from Monday to Sunday from 00.00 to 24.00
from 15 October to 15 April every year in the areas shaded on the map here
the LEZ is:
• Petrol Euro 1
• Diesel Euro 3 (or retrofitted to meet Euro 3 particulates)
• Diesel Euro 2
• Two-stroke motorcycles Diesel Euro 2
Monday to Friday from 7.30 to 19.30
In addition to the regional winter LEZ, the whole province requires diesel vehicles to meet Euro 4 standard, or Euro 3 with a certified diesel particulate filter.
- For vehicles transporting people it is in operation from 8:30 to 18:00,
- For vehicles transporting goods it is in operation from 7:30 to 10:00.
Emergency traffic regulations
The measures can also be tightened to a total ban for vehicles (as from 28.12. - 31.12.2015 from 10am and 4pm). Discounts for public transport were given.
Information on whether the scheme is in operation under Further Information.