There is also an Access Regulation in Trento.
Dates and details
From 1 Nov 2016- 31 Mar 2017:
Petrol Euro 1
Diesel Euro 3 or Euro 2 with approved filter
Motorcycles & mopeds Euro 2
This scheme is not necessarily in operation 24 hours a day 365 days a year, see hours of operation below.
An LEZ is often re-started the following year, with confirmation given shortly before the start date. Please check regularly for updates.
All vehicles, including motorcycles.
The whole municipality, except the following roads:
• via Alto Adige between the Avisio bridge and the intersection with the S.P. n. 76 (via Ca' Rossa);
• the roads in the ‘zona industriale Spini di Gardolo’;
• via San Rocco (from the beginning of the town at S.S. 349 to Via Galassa), via Galassa (the section between via De Riccabona and via San Rocco/via Torricelle), via De Riccabona, via Conci, via Menguzzato (section from via Conci to via Mach), via Mach, the roundabout between via di Madonna Bianca (Trento south) and via dei Marinai d'Italia for the sole purpose of allowing the connection between the S.S. 349 and the Val d'Assa and Pedemontana Costo (Fricca) and the south bypass (tangenziale sud);
• via Sanseverino between via Monte Baldo and the western bypass near the junction of Ravina, to allow the use of the Monte Baldo Parking;
• strada della Gardesana per Trento and via Dos Trento between via Brescia and the roundabout of via Berlino, to allow the connection between the S.P. 85, the western bypass and the A 22 motorway;
• via Castel di Gardolo, via Carpenedi and via Sant'Anna (between via Castel di Gardolo and via Alto Adige);
• via Fersina between the southern bypass and the roundabout near Dolomiti Energia s.p.a.;
• via di Costa S. Nicolò until via del Ponte, up to the bridge at Ravina to enable the connection between the town and public transport lines;
• Strada di Camponzin;
In addition, the restrictions are extended to the following sections of roads with Provincial jurisdiction within the municipal area:
- SP-204 Povo Villazzano SS-47 (or via Tambosi, via Valnigra, via Castel di Pietrapiana, via Dallafior, via Mesiano, Strada della Valsugana);
- SP 131 2nd trunk road Maso Bolleri-Montevaccino (road linking strada di Collegamento to Martignano and Montevaccino).
Need to Register?
Foreign vehicles affected?
Retrofitting a certified diesel particulate trap allows entry to the LEZ. For more information see our retrofitting section.
Hours of operation
From 2 Nov 2016-31 Mar 2017:
07:00-10:00 and 16:00 to 19:00, except Saturdays and holidays.
There is currently no Italian national scheme, but regional as well as individual city schemes.
Trento city exemptions
Local name for the scheme
Zona a Traffico Limitato (ZTL) or Limitazioni della circolazione, the general name for all access regulation schemes, also used for Low Emission Zones.
Trento city website